Friday, December 19, 2008

Music Qoutes From Famous/Great Musicians



"I like to write songs like "Castles made Of Sand" personally,
When it comes to the ballads,
the ballads I really like to get together. That's what I dig.

Music is religion for me. There'll be music in the hereafter,too.
( Jimi Hendrix 1942-1970) The Jimi Hendrix experience.

Those first five or six songs I wrote. I was just taking notes
at a fantastic rock concert that was going on inside in my
head. And once I had written the songs, I had to sing them.
(Jim Morrison 1943-1971) The Doors

It's just chord or riff that inspires me and then I go on and
see how it goes color-wise. The whole things just grows
like acorn or something.
(Jimmy Page, Led Zeppelin)


Talk about sitting around for days trying to write songs, in a matter
of hours we'd feel we'd been at it too long! John Lennon and I were
perfect for each other. I could do stuff he might not be in the mood for,
egg him in a certain direction he might not want to go in. An he could
do same with me. If I'd go in a certain direction he didn't like,
he'd just stop like that.
(Paul McCartney)

I just wanted a song to sing, and there came a point where I couldn't
sing anything.... nobody else was writing what I wanted to sing.
I couldn't find it anywhere. If I could I probably would never have started writing.
(Bob Dylan )

A composer is a guy goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting
air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.
(Frank Zappa 1940-1993) Mothers of Invention

The important thing is to feel your music, really feel it
and believe it, (Ray Charles)

There's only two ways to sum up music; either it's good
or bad. if it's good you don't mess about it; you enjoy it.
(Louis Armstrong 1901-1971)

I've gone to the guitar because I've had an idea,a line or a riff.
But I don't do that when I start playing... I do something completely
different that I had no idea I was going to do. something inside
that is an uncontrolled wish to express itself, and that's where I begin.
(Eric Clapton)

I can't read or write music, so sometimes, in trying to find things,
I just stick my hand on the neck...I visualize things--- sometimes
I visualize correctly, sometimes I don't. As a result, some of my
favorite things to play started as mistakes.
(Stevie Ray Vaughan 1954-1990)

A great song is more than just words and music. It's like
thumb pressing against the pulse of living that relates
a simple truth about a very complicated process.
(Jimmy Buffet American musician)

To me the success of any truly great rock song is related to the
fact that people who couldn't really communicate in normal ways
can quite easily communicate through the mutual enjoyment
of rock music.(Pete Townshend ,The Who)


I think pure rock and roll, good rock and roll, has the same thing
that anything that's pure has-and that's honesty. unthinking
primal honesty.(Paul Stanley , Kiss)

I try to forget about the audience when I'm singing.
I just think about the words and music.
(Rod Stewart)

I can't talk about my singing; I'm inside it.
How can you describe something you're inside of?
(Janis Joplin 1943-1970)

One day I realized I'd been playing too much in the key of C.
so I went to F. wen you're a kid F is the greatest.
That's where ("Dream On") started. it was just this little
thing I was playing and I never it would end up as a
real song or anything
(Steven Tyler , Aerosmith)

You can have an idea in your head, but if you can't execute it,
what's the use? You got to have the technical (side) down.
You'll be playing and all of a sudden, you'll have an idea
in your head and your fingers will just go with it.
(Eddie Van Halen)

I want to take people to another place in the shows.
That's when music really works for me. And that's what I want to
do, bring people to a different place. When I'm really
connecting I almost feel a continual state of arousal.
There's a heightened awareness.
(Sarah McLachlan, Canadian musician)

I've dedicated my life to music so far. And every time
I've let it slip and gotten somewhere else, it's showed.
Music lasts....a lot longer than relationships do.
(Neil Young)

...The Blues is for me. It's like a shoe. You take a
number seven shoe, you sure can't wear a size four. You
wear the one that fits. The Blues fit me.
( Muddy Waters,1915-1983) American Blues musician

No comments: